Welcome to the blog of Lara Williams

Mrs. Bixby, Oklahoma America 2011

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I have to admit...

Well, I must admit that this Mrs. Oklahoma pageant is somewhat intimidating. Yesterday, I received the 2009 and 2010 program books in the mail. I began to flip through and with each page felt more and more imperfect. I looked at those girls and thought wow, they look perfect! I am NOT perfect. I have freckles, random gray hairs, poor vision, obvious signs that I have had 5 children (if you know what I mean), scars from falls I have taken throughout my life and just the wear and tear a person has from LIFE. I began to think about the scoring and said to myself well, thank God the interview portion is 50%. Then, I remembered my platform, which is helping girls and young women to see that true beauty and worth comes from the inside, not the outside. 1 Peter 3:3-4 says Do not let your adorning be external, the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear-but let your adorning be the inner person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. I am very thankful for that truth and will be keeping my eye on the prize, which is reaching the hurt and lost. I am so excited to take this journey and hopefully change the lives of others.

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is greatly to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Lara! For the record, I think you are gorgeous on the outside as well as the inside. I am blessed to call you friend!

    ReplyDelete