Welcome to the blog of Lara Williams

Mrs. Bixby, Oklahoma America 2011

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Becoming Mrs. Bixby, Oklahoma America 2011

I had decided some time ago that I wanted to participate in a Mrs. pageant. I knew I had a passion to change the life of girls, young women and women of all ages, due to my own personal experiences. Knowing this, I really did not know how to set that into motion. I began praying over a year ago, without telling anyone, about participating in the Mrs. Oklahoma pageant in hopes of getting some clear answers. My best friend, Erin Webb, came to me about 6 months ago and told me Jesus had been leading her to start a foundation called Beautiful You. This foundation is meant to inspire and teach girls and young women the true meaning of beauty and encourage them to rise above any and all circumstances to see their true worth and value. It was perfect! I waited awhile to tell her that I was going to apply to do Mrs. Oklahoma and "marry" my platform with her foundation. After telling her, I applied and prayed, knowing this is where God had been leading me. I was accepted and named Mrs. Bixby, Oklahoma 2011. I am so very honored with this title and hope to change the lives of the people around me. I would love for you to follow my journey on here as well as on my Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/#!/pages/Lara-Williams-Mrs-Bixby-America-2011/117114561662174

No comments:

Post a Comment